Beginning September 4, 2012, the National Evaluation SeriesTM (NES®) Elementary Education test (subtests I and II) is the test preferred by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC). Registration and test information for NES® Elementary Education will be available to Oregon candidates through this website starting June 18, 2012. The last administration of the ORELA Multiple Subjects Examination is June 9, 2012.
The Multiple Subjects Examination is a customized educator licensure test designed to measure a candidate's knowledge and skills in relation to Oregon learning standards.
This examination includes the following three subtests:
- Subtest I: Language Arts, Social Science, the Arts
- Subtest II: Mathematics, Science, Health and Physical Education
- Subtest III: Language Arts, Social Science, the Arts, Reading Instruction
To pass the test, candidates must pass two subtests—subtest selection depends on whether the candidate received preparation at an approved Oregon institution or at an accredited out-of-state program. Read more.
Tests may include test questions that are being evaluated for future administrations and that do not affect a candidate's score.
Subtests I and II. You are eligible to take Subtests I and II of the Multiple Subjects Examination if you have never held an Oregon teaching license and are currently enrolled in an Oregon teacher preparation program.
You may be eligible to take Subtests I and II if you currently hold a Restricted Transitional Teaching License and you have never completed any teacher preparation in any state; you must confirm your eligibility in the teaching program in which you are currently enrolled.
Subtests II and III. You must take Subtests II and III of the Multiple Subjects Examination if any of the following applies to you:
- You currently hold or have held an Oregon Basic, Standard, Initial, Continuing, or Transitional Teaching License in another subject-matter area.
- You currently hold or have held an Oregon Administrative or Personnel Service License.
- You currently hold an out-of-state teaching license and are seeking licensure in Oregon and are not enrolled in an Oregon teacher preparation program.
- You are taking the Multiple Subjects Examination to seek a "highly qualified teacher" (HQT) designation only.